- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 large carrots
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, chopped
- 1-2 small zucchini, cut in quarts
- 1 can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flake
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups gluten-free pasta noodles
- 1 handful chopped kale or spinach
Add oil to large pot and add onion + garlic. Cook until transluscent.
Add carrots and green beans and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5 minutes, stirring until vegetables have softened slightly.
Add zucchini, fire-roasted tomatoes, vegetable broth, basil, oregano, nutritional yeast, red pepper flake, coconut sugar, and beans.
Bring soup to a solid simmer. Add pasta and stir. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, reducing heat if needed to keep the soup at a simmer.
Taste soup and adjust seasonings as needed.
Add kale or spinach and stir. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days or the freezer up to 1 month.